Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My first racing experience

We finally got James' back up car together, which is now officially my car!! Since we both have the week off of work, we have been spending a lot of time getting the car together. I was skeptical it would run, as the motor has only been used 1 time in the last 10 years, but James assured me it would be just fine. After several issues we had to solve, we got he motor running last night. Then today, we got everything finalized and ran the car.


We took it to the flat road by the model homes in our subdivision and I got my first taste of being behind the wheel. Was I fast, no. Heck, I never even made it out of second gear, but I learned how to start and stop, which is more complicated than it sounds, and how to shift. I don't even know how to drive a manuel street car, so this was an experience for me.

How to upshift and how not to downshift

I'm excited to say both the car and I survived the day and are looking forward to another excursion soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment